The Client: A Stamped Concrete Installation Service in Waukesha County
As a local service catering to at least 6 cities, Pewaukee Concrete Contractors needed a competitive search presence in most of their major cities. The company was targeting a specific clientele; high-end buyers in need of decorative concrete who had long-term potential.
To achieve this objective, we conducted an audit and uncovered the main priorities:
- Revisit their local SEO and keyword strategy.
- Redesign their website with conversion rate optimization in mind.
What We Did
Local SEO and Keyword Research
Following the audit, it was clear the existing keyword strategy needed improvement. The client had to target relevant transactional (and a few informational) keywords in their preferred locations to attract ideal customers.
We did keyword research for the central locations—New Berlin, Elm Grove, Whitefish Bay, Brookfield—and updated the keyword strategy.
After fixing technical and on-page SEO issues, we boosted their backlink profile, acquiring links from local blogs in the construction and home improvement niches.
A crucial SEO tactic was creating service pages and some location pages for targeted keywords since this was a competitive habit.
The results from our consumer research guided our website optimization and keyword research efforts.
Following discussions with the client’s sales staff and an evaluation of their Google Analytics and lead management data, we concluded the website’s homepage, content, and overall UI needed a facelift to convince potential customers.
A significant segment of users was interested in various concrete services that weren’t highlighted on the homepage.
To breathe life into the website UI, we did a major frontend revamp:
- The new design was heavily framed with pictures of impressive concrete work.
- We utilized bolder CTAs with colorful quote forms, which we made prominent on every page.
- We built service pages for all offered services, highlighting these on the homepage.
- To establish a competitive presence, we created landing pages for major locations.
- The new content was simple, straightforward, and spoke directly to the customers’ expectations and pain points.
- We also added FAQs on select pages.
With our strategy, Pewaukee Concrete Contractors climbed up the local organic search rankings to take the number 1 position for multiple target keywords in 5 locations.
Having previously been stuck in the 3rd and 4th SERPs (search engine results pages), the website has consistently ranked in the top 1 and 2 search positions for 4 distinct transactional keywords in their major cities. It still does, as of when this was published.
Within 3 months of execution, PCC saw a 110% increase in leads generated. They have since continued to enjoy a steady stream of generated leads thanks to our services.